It took a little longer than expected, but it looks like we're finally settling down. I just got a job offer with the National Health Service working as a Counsellor, and now I'm just waiting to dot some i's and cross some t's before I finally start seeing clients again. It's hard to believe that it's been just under 6 months since we left Nova Scotia. So, now for the details. The job based out of the hospital in Weybridge, which is south west of London in the county of Surrey. Robin and I just found a great flat in a town next door called Walton-on-Thames and are locked in until at least January. We'll be about 30 minutes by train into the heart of the city, which will be great for weekends. So, our couch will officially be open as of May 5th. Book early to reserve your space. Here's the map:
View Larger MapThe job itself will be a combination of both individual and group work with people with depression and anxiety, and also a great deal of psychoeducational seminars. I have always wanted to do more public speaking, so this will be a great opportunity for that. Since I'll be travelling around north Surrey, Robin and I had to purchase a vehicle. All-in-all, it's been more of a financial investment than we anticipated, but once we start working, it will well be worth it!!

So the next step, after we move in to our place next month, will be to get the paperwork going on Robin's visa. That's going to take some time, but we'll keep you posted as things move along.
No comments:
Post a Comment